I like stuffed peppers, however I prefer it in casserole form. Is a very easy recipe, and this turned out amazingly delicious!
Stuffed Pepper Casserole
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 2 large bell peppers seeded and diced
• 1 onion peeled and diced
• 1 ½ cups beef stock
• 15 ounces diced tomatoes
● 15 ounces tomato sauce
• 1 cup long grain white rice uncooked
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 3 cloves garlic minced
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray the 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
• Using a large, deep pan over medium heat. Brown ground meat.
• Dice the bell peppers and onions. Add to the meat as it cooks, along with the diced onions.
• Mince the garlic and add to the pan. Next add Worcestershire & pepper .Mix to combine.
• Add the remaining ingredients, reserving ½ cup shredded cheese – stir until well combined.
• Pour the entire mixture into the baking dish. Top with remaining cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake until all the liquid is absorbed, the cheese melts, and the casserole is hot and bubbly. About 45 minutes.
• Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving