°1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus an additional 1 tablespoon
°1 teaspoon baking powder
°1/2 teaspoon salt
°1/3 cup soft unsalted butter
°1 cup granulated sugar
°2 large eggs
°2 teaspoons of lemon peel
°2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
°Half a cup of milk
°1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Put aside.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat the eggs, one at a time, followed by the lemon zest and juice, until well blended.
5. Gradually adding flour mix to wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Begin & end with flour mixture, mixing to combined.
6. Stir the blueberries to 1 tablespoon flour. (This step prevents the berries from sinking to the bottom of the bread during baking.) Gently stirring in coat blueberries, being careful not to overmix.
7. Pour batter to prepared loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula.
8. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Removing from oven and letting bread cool in the pan for 10 mn before transfer it to a wire rack.