This is a take on classic Italian dishes. There are many varieties of Italian Pasta dishes other than lasagna, Spaghetti, These Italian Drunken Noodles are a highly popular dish in Italy. A truly simple dish made with pasta, tomatoes, garlic and herbs, there is not much effort involved in making this dish any night of the week or for any type of event or celebration.
- 12oz Egg Noodles , cooked to your liking
- 1lb Ground Italian sausage
- 2Bell peppers , chopped
- 3tsp Minced garlic
- 1tsp Italian seasoning
- ½C White cooking wine
- 28oz Can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1Tbsp Dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley for garnish
How To Make Italian Drunken Noodles
- Add the meat and peppers to a large saucepan or skillet with deep sides over medium-high heat. Cook until the meat is completely browned and the peppers have begun to soften.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the minced garlic and Italian seasoning. Saute 30 seconds longer.
- Mix in the white cooking wine and saute until the liquid in the pot is reduced by half.
- Pour the diced tomatoes into the pot along with the dried basil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine well.
- Mix in the cooked noodles and continue to saute until heated through.
- Top with grated Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley for garnish.